Oral Cancer Screening
We have a genuine concern for your overall health and well-being. We perform an oral cancer screening with every exam.
In the United States, one person dies every hour from oral cancer. Oral cancer has a cure rate of more than 80 percent—if it is detected and treated early. That is why we feel it is important to perform an oral cancer screening with every exam. If anything looks suspicious, we use our IdentaFi Wand to get a closer look.
- Unexplained bleeding
- Numbness, loss of feeling, or pain in sections of the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Ear pain
- Persistent sore throat
- Development of white, red or speckled patches in the mouth
- Swelling, thickening, lumps, bumps, rough patches and growths
Oral cancer typically affects:
- Front 2/3 of the tongue
- Lining of the cheeks and lips
- Floor of mouth under the tongue
- Roof of the mouth
- Small area behind the wisdom teeth
- Minor salivary glands
We hope to catch things before they become a real problem, and we need your help! Every 6-month checkup for preventive care counts! Especially in the case of oral cancer, prevention is your best option.